Two charged in Knox County prostitution sting | News
ROCKLAND, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- The Knox County Sheriff's Office has arrested a husband and wife in connection with a prostitution case in the Midcoast.
Investigators say Wendy Moody, 37, of Warren, was arrested Thursday at a local motel after she offered an undercover deputy sex for money.
The woman's husband, Curtis Moody, 44, was also charged in the case. Investigators say he his being held on conspiracy charges.
Wendy Moody is also facing other charges in the case, including Possession of a Usable Amount of Marijuana and Drug Paraphernalia, Cultivating Marijuana and Violation of Conditions of Release.
Deputies say they do not believe this is case is part of a large operation.
Upcoming Events near PenBay
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Green Outdoors: Secretary of State Kerry's dog trained in Maine
- Local group rallies to save Windjammer Days
- Midcoast residents demand impact study for proposed harbor dredging in Searsport
- Elinor Klivans' Peanut Butter Cookies Stuffed with Chocolate and Peanut Butter
- Knox County Airport makes changes after last years crash