Firefighter killer learns his sentence | News
BELFAST, Maine (AP) - A 25-year-old Maine man is being sentenced in the drug-related fatal shooting of a Florida firefighter.
In a plea agreement, Daniel Porter pleaded guilty to manslaughter in the death of Jerry Perdomo, 31, of Orange City, Fla.
He's being sentenced Monday in Belfast in an agreement that calls for a maximum sentence of 20 years.
Porter was arrested in February 2012 at a house in Jackson where police say he killed the Seminole County firefighter over a drug debt.
Porter told police that he owed Perdomo $3,000 and that Perdomo had threatened him and his family.
An affidavit said Porter and Perdomo had earlier exchanged death threats, with Porter threatening to shoot Perdomo and put him through a wood chipper, and Perdomo threatening to cut off Porter's hands.
Upcoming Events near PenBay
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Community rallies to rebuild restaurant destroyed by fire
- New details show motive behind fatal shooting in Belfast
- Secret Santa pays off layaway bills for Renys shoppers
- Wreaths Across America begins trek to Arlington National Cemetery
- Wreaths Across America may have fewer wreaths for annual trek to Arlington
- Green Outdoors: Secretary of State Kerry's dog trained in Maine
- Local group rallies to save Windjammer Days
- Midcoast residents demand impact study for proposed harbor dredging in Searsport
- Elinor Klivans' Peanut Butter Cookies Stuffed with Chocolate and Peanut Butter
- Knox County Airport makes changes after last years crash