Firefighter killer learns his sentence | News
BELFAST, Maine (AP) - A 25-year-old Maine man is being sentenced in the drug-related fatal shooting of a Florida firefighter.
In a plea agreement, Daniel Porter pleaded guilty to manslaughter in the death of Jerry Perdomo, 31, of Orange City, Fla.
He's being sentenced Monday in Belfast in an agreement that calls for a maximum sentence of 20 years.
Porter was arrested in February 2012 at a house in Jackson where police say he killed the Seminole County firefighter over a drug debt.
Porter told police that he owed Perdomo $3,000 and that Perdomo had threatened him and his family.
An affidavit said Porter and Perdomo had earlier exchanged death threats, with Porter threatening to shoot Perdomo and put him through a wood chipper, and Perdomo threatening to cut off Porter's hands.
Upcoming Events near PenBay
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Washington county leaders looking into events surrounding leak of social security data
- Belfast among Maine cities with rooted history on Patriots Day
- Finding the Perfect Tail and Avoiding Shrinkage Helping Lobstermen Through Bawdy Humor
- Former Bar Harbor Police Chief files suit against town
- Danforth couple charged with trafficking meth appear in court