Firefighter killer learns his sentence | News
BELFAST, Maine (AP) - A 25-year-old Maine man is being sentenced in the drug-related fatal shooting of a Florida firefighter.
In a plea agreement, Daniel Porter pleaded guilty to manslaughter in the death of Jerry Perdomo, 31, of Orange City, Fla.
He's being sentenced Monday in Belfast in an agreement that calls for a maximum sentence of 20 years.
Porter was arrested in February 2012 at a house in Jackson where police say he killed the Seminole County firefighter over a drug debt.
Porter told police that he owed Perdomo $3,000 and that Perdomo had threatened him and his family.
An affidavit said Porter and Perdomo had earlier exchanged death threats, with Porter threatening to shoot Perdomo and put him through a wood chipper, and Perdomo threatening to cut off Porter's hands.
Upcoming Events near PenBay
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Stonington Galleries and Studios will Hold its last First Friday Open Gallery Night for the Season
- Flash in the Pans and The Ark set to Celebrate
- Traditional Jazz & Vintage Pop: the New Traditional Jazz Band in Concert at the Stonington Opera Hou
- David Mamet's “The Duck Variations” at Stonington Opera House
- NAMI Maine Bringing a Free Training Opportunity to Blue Hill!